3132 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Driver for Storage Drive on Proliant DL360R03

uptown32
Occasional Contributor

Driver for Storage Drive on Proliant DL360R03

Hello,
How do I get the Proliant DR360 G4 to boot the from CD rom drive? I have a server crash and it is going into a loop with the blue screen of death. I rebooted multiple times and finally saw a prompt to choose the last known profile or default and tried both but it rebooted regardless of which one I chose from.
If I want to reinstall Windows again, do I need a driver for the system to see the storage drive? The driver I need is Windows 2008 R2 Standard. Do I need to set up the array again? And how do I get it to boot from CD?

1 REPLY 1
Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Driver for Storage Drive on Proliant DL360R03

@uptown32 

Good day!

To boot your ProLiant DL360 G4 from a CD-ROM drive and reinstall Windows 2008 R2 Standard, you may follow these steps:

1. Accessing BIOS/UEFI

>> Power on or restart the server.
>> During the boot process, you'll see a prompt to enter the BIOS/UEFI setup. This is typically achieved by pressing a key such as F2, F9, F10, or Del. The exact key may vary, so check your server documentation or look for on-screen prompts during boot.

2. Changing Boot Order

>> Once in the BIOS/UEFI setup, navigate to the "Boot" or "Boot Order" section.
>> Set the CD-ROM drive as the first boot device. Use the appropriate key to move it to the top of the boot order list.
>> Save your changes and exit. This action is usually done by selecting the "Save & Exit" option.

3. Insert the Windows Installation CD

>> Insert your Windows 2008 R2 Standard installation CD into the CD-ROM drive.

>> Save the changes in the BIOS/UEFI and restart the server.
4. Windows Installation

>> The server should now boot from the CD-ROM drive and initiate the Windows installation process.

5. Driver Installation

>> During the Windows installation process, you may be prompted to load additional drivers if the setup doesn't automatically detect your storage controller.
>> If needed, have the necessary storage controller drivers on a USB drive or another CD/DVD. When prompted, select the option to load additional drivers and provide the path to the drivers.

6. Array Configuration

If you had a RAID array configured before the crash, you might need to set it up again during the Windows installation process. This typically involves using the RAID configuration utility, which can be accessed during the server's boot sequence (often by pressing a key like F8 or Ctrl+C when prompted).

>>Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Windows installation.

7. Post-Installation Steps

>> After Windows is installed, ensure that you install any additional drivers and updates.
>> Keep in mind that the specific steps may vary slightly depending on the exact model of your ProLiant DL360 G4 and the version of the BIOS/UEFI firmware it is running. Refer to the server's documentation for detailed instructions.

If the server is experiencing a blue screen of death (BSOD) loop, it may also be worthwhile to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of the crash before attempting a reinstallation, as it could be related to hardware issues or incompatible drivers.

Hope this helps! Let me know

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.