New Discussion юеВ

Re: external hard drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Sutherland_1
Valued Contributor

Norton ghost should have worked.
You can go to Norton ghost and download a trial copy good for thirty days. should be long enough to work out the bugs..I personally had a windows file missing and had to repair this. If you can open your backup and transfer to it this should not be your problem. I could not get my Maxtor backup to respond and had to use a third party software.

good luck, somtimes the effort is worth it.
Hugo Tigre
Trusted Contributor

hi again joe,

before you give up, just try the free software i recommended to you before.

It's really easy to work with, you will also find documentation for it, on their site. an the only thing you will need additionally is a boot disk or cd for when you want to restore the image.

You can find many of this boot cd's on the net.

if you have a hard-drive withought important information, you can use it to test this scenario.

backing up the c drive to an image doesn't do any harm to the drive or windows, and you can try and restore it to the external.

best of luck to you,
hugo tigre
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Hi John,
I do have Norton Ghost 2003, but it too difficult for me to grasp the instructions.--- Hi Hugo, I did use the snapshot.exe, but how can I check what is on the ext.drive like if I want to view it from another pc. (See pic) or should I have used the setup.exe Sorry for asking these seeminly simple answerable questions
c'est la guerre
Hugo Tigre
Trusted Contributor
Solution

no problem joe,

check out this link:

http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/intro.htm

regards,
hugo tigre