1748265 Members
3778 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 88780 SCSI Sequential Device

Bryan Lass
Occasional Contributor

HP 88780 SCSI Sequential Device

How can I get it to work on a Windows 2000 Professional System. The system recognizes the drive but it shows up as an unknown device in device manager. It has been setup as SCSI ID 0 and the SCSI Controller runs other SCSI Drives fine. Anyone have any suggestions.
2 REPLIES 2
Jamie Hughes
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 88780 SCSI Sequential Device

Hello,

What kind of SCSI device is this, an optical disk jukebox? I'm having a hard time finding the exact information with the number you referenced. We had an optical disk jukebox with that part number and I believe there was also an OEM tape drive several years back with that model number. Do you have the model number/name (10C, 20C, 20T, 40T, 120T, 7980, etc)?

If this is one of the optical jukeboxes, some of them do have W2K drivers and/or firmware but you'll need to double check the exact model.

Here is the link to the optical disk jukebox support page. If you find your model listed, click on it and then click on the drivers & downloads link to see if there are updates available for W2K.

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/nonjsnav/productsno19563.html

Best regards,
Jamie Hughes
Bryan Lass
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP 88780 SCSI Sequential Device

Apparently this is a 3490 Tape Reader. It shows up in device manager as an HP 88780 SCSI Sequential Device.