New Discussion юеВ

HPE Proliant DL360 Gent 10 and virtual fibre channel support

SOLVED
Go to solution
RimvydasLT
Occasional Advisor

HPE Proliant DL360 Gent 10 and virtual fibre channel support

Hi,

I had HPE Proliant DL360 Gen 10 with Windows 2016 installed. Virtual Fibre channel option was woking great (HPE SN1100Q FC adapter). OS was reloaded to 2019 on this server, firmwares were updated, drivers were updated. And now Hyper-V complains that device or drivers do not support virtual fibre channel:/ How can I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Proliant DL360 Gent 10 and virtual fibre channel support

Hello,

You may download the drivers from the HPE SN1100Q 16Gb Host Bus Adapter's driver download page.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

RimvydasLT
Occasional Advisor

Hi @TVVJ ,

But as I wrote, drivers were applied from the latest SPP. Will it change something if I'll apply the same drivers from the different place?

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hello, 
What SPP Version have you used ?
Also, please share the installed Firmware and Driver version of - HPE SN1100Q FC adapter

Regards
HPE

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

RimvydasLT
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi,

It seems that the problem was not with drivers or firmware but rather mystical one. Server also had several 534FLR-SFP+ network adapters. As you may know - these adapters have FcoE function and when this function is turned on, two additional devices appear in the device manager. So because I do not use this function and this function causes major slowdowns when server loads its os, I disabled these two fcoe adapters in device manager. And after long troubleshooting it appeared, that hyper-v throws and error that my FC adapters are not compatible right after I disable these two devices:/ Some kind of nonsense. So I went further. I disabled fcoe function in BIOS completely. These two adapters were gone from OS entirely. But I still had an error that my FC adapters are not supported. So I went further. I reinstalled OS one more time with fcoe function disabled in BIOS. And now - Hyper-V happily announced that my FC adapters are available for rock and roll. I do not know what to think:/

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @RimvydasLT,

That's Excellent! 

We are extremely glad to know you were able to find the solution and we appreciate you for keeping us updated. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo