108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I deleted quickplay from startup.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Francisco Aravena

I deleted quickplay from startup.

Hi!,

I want to know how the next problem. I performed a "startup clean" with tuneup utilities, and deleted by error quickplay from startup. Previously, I started to search the quickplay.exe file, in the HP folder, but i didn't find that folder. My question is... what to do in this situation?, because quickplay does not appear anymore in msconfig and tuneup utilities startup manager.

That's all, thank you very much.
11 REPLIES 11
Francisco Aravena

the first part should say: "I want to know how to fix the next problem", sorry.
Robert  Lafayette
Valued Contributor
Solution

http://quickplay.sourceforge.net/

Why not simply download and reload/ update Quickplay onto your system. If registration is required your system should supply data that will register previously known info to Quickplay.

Robert
HP Elite 8000 SFF: 750GB HDD (software and OS only), Core 2 Quad 2.82 Ghz, 8GB RAM, Intel Graphics 4500 WIN Pro 7 64 bit, external drives: 1.5TB, 1.0 TB, 250GB, 120GB all externals for files, documents, music and videos.

(Also have HP LJ 1020, HP AIO J6480, and HP Pavilion DV 6928)
Alpha977
Valued Contributor

Hello!
Yes, i think uninstall and reinstall quickplay is the easy way!
Bye!
Francisco Aravena

Thanks for the replies guys.

But i downloaded that program (http://quickplay.sourceforge.net/), and it isn't the same quickplay that i need, it is an emulator (for video games), not the quickplay program to make functionable the quickplay buttons.

Thank you again, but that's not the solution.
Robert  Lafayette
Valued Contributor

OK Then let's help you some more.

To Which quickplay are you referring?

What is proper name of software and the company that makes it?

Either way, then you can download the software.

Please let me know more if necessary and then I will guide or help you find the software, unless you have solved already.

Robert
HP Elite 8000 SFF: 750GB HDD (software and OS only), Core 2 Quad 2.82 Ghz, 8GB RAM, Intel Graphics 4500 WIN Pro 7 64 bit, external drives: 1.5TB, 1.0 TB, 250GB, 120GB all externals for files, documents, music and videos.

Francisco Aravena

Hi Robert,

Thanks again for your help.
About the software. It's the HP Quickplay that cames with the laptops already installed (DVD, Volume, etc).

That's all. I hope you have a nice new year with lot of good moments.

Bye!.
Robert  Lafayette
Valued Contributor

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=ob-31393-1

Try this site see above,
to download HP Quickplay.

It is 56Mb and may be a soution for you,

Robert

Vibhor Kumar Agarwal
Esteemed Contributor

Do you yet have quickplay on your system or not.
Try scanning your whole drive for that and not the HP folder only.

If its still present then rest is very easy.
Vibhor Kumar Agarwal
jorgemarmo

Hi I got the solution to your trouble

All you need is to reinstall QuickPlay Direct, for this you need to create a free 1GB partition on your HDD but without formating. You can do this with partition magic or Hiren's boot CD has a lot of progrmas for partition.
For be sure make this non-format partition at the end of the partition of your OS.

If you just erease the restore partition ([doesn't format ALL your disc]) go to Control Panel---->Admin Tools----> Disk Mng. and you will see your hard drive (usually C:\) and a NTFS partition about 1GB and no letter, right clic on it and delete.

Then from Windows execute the HPQPDP setup, originally it came in hdd:\SWsetup\QPDP or HPQPDP

That's all....

I hope this solve your problem

Sorry for my bad english.

If you really appreciate this, please put this answer in any other forum.