Operating System - Microsoft
1753485 Members
4579 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

I've made a boo-boo. Help!!

karen landrum

I've made a boo-boo. Help!!

I am a completely computer illiterate chik!! I was having monitor problems and trying to make all sorts of adjustments to fix it and long story short, I did something and now all the writing is HUGE!! It looks like everything is magnified. When I go to my internet homepage everything is so big it won't fit on the screen. I went to control panel but I don't see how to undo what I've done, *sniff, sniff*!! Help!!
2 REPLIES 2
John Y
Honored Contributor

Re: I've made a boo-boo. Help!!

Well--Make and model would help but lets see if we can find it anyhow. Assuming your using Windows...right click on the desktop (meaning your screen with the icons), select properties...then appearance....and at the bottom of the page select font size normal....then apply and ok. See if thats it or not.!?
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Re: I've made a boo-boo. Help!!

Hi Karen,
If the above is not the case, maybe you changed the resolution,
1. Right click the desktop and choose properties.
2. choose the settingstab, on the left bottom corner there is a bar where you can selct a resolution, moving the slidebar to the left will increase the resolution and when you select OK, it will aply this. (if you have a resolution of 640x480, that is the problem for sure, use 800x600 minimal, most people use 1024x768.

There are a few other possibilities, but then we have to know your windows version. (95,98,ME,2000 or XP)

HTH,
Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"