Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML350P gen8 appropriate as workstation

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

ML350P gen8 appropriate as workstation

Hello,

i cant get a used and refurbished ML350p Gen8 Server for a good price. I need a powerful machine for CAD and 3D printing and I'm currently running a z800 with two x5670. I need to upgrade and can buy a ML350p Gen8. We will install a Graphics card (Quadro K6000) and want to install Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Can Windows 7 / 10 be installed on a ML350p Gen8 ? What are the components of the HP Graphics card support kit ? Is it more than a power cable for a Quadro ? It is impossible to buy a HP Graphic card support kit  for the ML350.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HPE Pro

Re: ML350P gen8 appropriate as workstation

Dear rebell21

Greetings.

As per HPE recommendation, Windows 7 & Windows 10 is not recommended or tested on ML350p Gen8 server. Refer to the OS Support Matrix from the below link

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx#.W_uzS-gzaM8

For Graphics card, below are the compatible adapters & Part numbers

HP Graphic Card Support Kit
660582-B21
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB PCI-E Adapter
655933-B21
NVIDIA Quadro 6000 6GB PCI-E Adapter
655935-B21
NVIDIA Quadro K4000 PCI-E Graphics Adapter
730870-B21
NVIDIA Telsa K40C 12 GB Module
753960-B21

Graphic card option
The server supports up to three graphic card options. The server supports up to two double-wide graphic
cards.
For optimal performance, Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends that you install graphic card options in
PCI slots 3, 6, or 8.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends the following:
• If the graphic card is populated in PCI slot 3, do not use PCI slot 2.
• If a single-wide graphic card is populated in PCI slot 8, do not use PCI slot 9.
• In a single-processor configuration, Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends installing the graphic
card in PCI slot 3.
• In a two-processor configuration, Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends installing the graphic
card in PCI slot 6.
• If a third graphic card is installed, Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends installing the third
graphic card in PCI slot 8.

Please reply for any further clarification.

Thank you.

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo