1755601 Members
3246 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Monitoring Novell Servers/Adding and removing nodes

Omar Senussi
Honored Contributor

Re: Monitoring Novell Servers/Adding and removing nodes

Scott, I'm rapidly running out of ideas here! I've been out of the Novel loop for a while, so my recollection is getting rusty! How big is your network?.. how many servers etc.. because it could take time for the changes to ripple through the network if it is big. Also, you maybe ought to search the nds database for traces of the old server on the target node (the one that is generating the errors??) Check out what time sync data is being generated... Above all do go through the links I've given you, and try putting in your own search criteria if you get a specific error message.
If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs... You haven't understood the situation!
Scott Willson
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Omar, Please understand that I am in no way, shape, or form a Novell Engineer. I really appreciate all your advice and I am trying everything suggested and advised on. The Novell Engineers say that they can find no trace of the server anywhere within NDS. The biggest mystry to me is where on my management server could this server still be lingering? I have searched the registery, file/folders, and text contained in files on my entire management server and have removed anything and everything returned from these searches. For that matter, HP Support, can not even figure it out. If you can think of anything else or have any other suggestion, I am more than open...Thanks again and hope things are well in your environment.
Omar Senussi
Honored Contributor

No problem, Scott, I would appreciate it if you could give some more detail of the EXACT error(s) you are receiving, and the sourcxe, if known. Size of nework? no. of servers? Management server running what version Novell patch level?
If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs... You haven't understood the situation!