Operating System - Microsoft
1748171 Members
4219 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: pop ups and redirect + more

kelly_79

pop ups

hello, I have norton anti virus, however I am getting pop ups every time I click on something and a new page opens with advertisments! its sooo annoying.

can anyone help 

P.S. This thread has been moved from Community Feedback and Suggestions to Microsoft > general. - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES 6
kelly_79

Re: pop ups

also certain words are underlined and links attatched ]
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: pop ups

What model HP PC/laptop do you have? What Windows version?

What browser version?

ladycd
Occasional Collector

..have horrible virus that interrupts whatever I'm doing on most of my personal sites.  Wants me to upgrade everythng,  loads of advertisements pop up all over screen and from bottom.  Can't even make it MSFT support forums.  Many REDIRECTS.    PLEASE HELP ME TO GET RID OF THIS.  I've run MSFT malicious malware,  Use Security Essentials.  No Help!!!  I'm going crazy!  How do I get rid of this monster?

Thanks.....  ladycd

ladycd
Occasional Collector

How do I view your answers?  The virus gets in the way when I click on views.

AlisterC
Occasional Advisor

Hi 

Which browser are you using ? Also which Operating system is installed on the Computer?

AlisterC
Occasional Advisor

For windows 7, Click on start -> in the search bar at thr bottom of the start menu, type " INTERNET OPTIONS " -> choose the option from the list above -> A window called " Internet Properties" will open -> Choose the tab " Privacy " from the top -> You will find an option that says " Turn on pop up blocker" , check that option .

For windows 8 , go to the Tile screen-> Type " INTERNET OPTIONS " -> choose the option from the list above -> A window called " Internet Properties" will open -> Choose the tab " Privacy " from the top -> You will find an option that says " Turn on pop up blocker" , check that option .

This link will be useful for Browser Specific POP up Blocker.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/allow-block-pop-ups-browsers