1748169 Members
4010 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem using Get-CimInstance remotely for HPQ namespace

ehodges
Advisor

Problem using Get-CimInstance remotely for HPQ namespace

I am trying to get some info on my array controller remotely on my Dl360 Gen9. I have the latest version of the WBEM Providers for Serve 2012 R2 installed on the remote server. The following, using the get-WMIObject command, works:

Get-WMIObject -ComputerName server01 -Namespace "root\hpq" -ClassName HPSA_ArrayController

However, this does not:

Get-CimInstance -ComputerName server01 -Namespace "root\hpq" -ClassName HPSA_ArrayController

It gives me the following error: "The WS-Management service cannot process the request. The DMTF class in the repository uses a different major version number from the requested class. This class can be accessed using a non-DMTF resource URI."

What is more puzzling is that if I enter a remote session to server01 and run the Get-CimInstance command (without the computername parameter, of course), it gives me a result as expected. I should also point out that querying information remotely using Get-CimInstance for other namespaces (e.g. root\cimv2) works fine.

Any idea what may be going on? I suspect this may be a bug in the HP WBEM Providers.