4490 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems with Windows installation

baciek
Collector

Problems with Windows installation

Hello,

At the begging I would like to explain I'm newbie with servers, so please - be gentle :)

I'm trying to install Windows OS on HP ProLiant DL360. 

I've got 4 SAS disks (300GB each). At the begging I've setup a RAID 5 on all 4 disks using a program provided by HP (Smart Storage Administrator).

Next I wanted to install an OS. My first try was with Windows 10. I've plugged optical DVD drive to the front USB 3.0 port and I've inserted the DVD disk with .iso windows file.

I've told server to boot from it. After the "Windows loading files..." window the screen went blank and I had to reset the server. 

Next I've tried with HP Intelligent Provisioner. I've went thru whole procedure up to the point where you need to browse for os image. HP IP could see the DVD drive, but couldn't find any "matches media" on it. So I had to give up once again.

After that I've tried with Windows Server 2008 SP2 (installing via BIOS). Just after the "Windows loading files..." the bsod popped out.  The hal_initialization_failed error with the code 0x5C occured.  According to MS site it happens when hardware/drivers are broken. Is it possible that Win OS won't run with my RAID Controller (Smart Array P440ar, ver. 3....) ?

What might be the reason, what should I check/do to successfuly complete the installation?

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

is this a Gen9?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
baciek
Collector

Yes, it's Gen9. Somehow I've forgotten to mention it, sorry