Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prolian ML110 G3 + Windows server 2008

Highlighted

Prolian ML110 G3 + Windows server 2008

I'm trying to install Windows Server 2008 on ML110 G3, but the firmware of the motherboard causes a conflict with the SCSI LSI 20320 controller and the hard disks are not recognized.

I already updated de BIOS of the ML110 G3 board and the SCSI controller.

I used the mentioned SCSI controller on a simple PC and I could install Windows Server 2008 without troubles.

Pleas help me. I need a firmware update newer than 2006.08.17, the one you can get as the lastest.

Cordially, Rafael Travecedo
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Prolian ML110 G3 + Windows server 2008

Rafael:

You might find something that works on the LSI website:

http://www.lsi.com/obsolete/lsi20320_3157.html#Firmware

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Highlighted

Hi Roger,

I did generic firmware update, unless it was not recomendable by LSI's procedures, with the tools you referenced me.

But it wasn't worked.

The LSI-20320-HP controller showed: "ERROR: Controller Malfunctioning" at startup. I had to reinstall the customized BIOS for HP.

It confirmed that the cause of the trouble is in the ML110 G3's mother board.

Cordially, Rafael Travecedo
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Rafael:

I wonder if the LSI card is plugged into a compatible slot (bits and megahertz)?

BTW, I'm disinclined to do any more research for you since I noticed that you only reward points for correct answers. I value my research time and efforts even if they don't provide the correct solution on the first try (imagine if Thomas Edison had quit after his first 'failed' attempt at inventing the light bulb). ;-)

See http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#34

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Highlighted

Hi Roger,

I'm sorry because I did not use the points correctly.

Zero (0), doesn't mean that the gived procedure doesn't work.

Please receive my excuses.

I visited the URL you sent me, and I updated the SCSI controller firmware with the generic BIOS I found there, but it did not work. The controller showed: ERROR Controller Malfunction.

The updates you can find there are generic and the LSI controller has a customized BIOS for HP.

Maybe the cuase of the problem is not the LSI controller. Maybe the cuase is an incompatilibity in the ML110 G3 mainboard with the LSI controller and Windows Server 2008.

Best regards,

Rafael Travecedo