1753521 Members
4895 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant DL380G6 Hyper-V Instance Network Anomaly

Y M Tan

ProLiant DL380G6 Hyper-V Instance Network Anomaly

Hi,
We installed Windows Server 2008 x64 Std Edition with 12GB RAM, Single Quad-Core Processor, 3x146GB SAS HDD and created a Windows Server 2003R2 Std Edition instance.

We followed the advice of HP Hyper-V support manual to install latest PSP and update the driver.

In the Hyper-V Manager, we cannot see the HP Network Adpator Driver but a Microsoft virtual network adaptor. We did try to install network adaptor driver comes with HP server but failed.

We found that the speed of the new network adaptor runs very fast. However, whenever we transfer big files (>2GB), the behavior of the Hyper-V instance became weird -- it suddenly slows down for a while, and then resumes the speed again.

During this slow period, the host CPU utilization is low and nothing special found in the event log as well.

Can anyone enlighten us with possible solution?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Not much help but I remember having the same problem. I did get it working but it was months ago and I'm not sure what I did to resolve it. I seem to recall that I had to add the networking manually. There may have been something in Technet about it.

http://technet.microsoft.com

Make a great 2010

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Not much help but I remember having the same problem (adapter not showing in Hyper-V Manager). I did get it working but it was months ago and I'm not sure what I did to resolve it. I seem to recall that I had to add the networking manually. There may have been something in Technet about it.

http://technet.microsoft.com

Make a great 2010

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Y M Tan

Hi, I solved the problem by using Action -> "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk├в to install the Hyper-V integration services and it will make the HP host network adaptor appear in the guest OS.

Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Great! Thanks for sharing the solution.

Make a great 2010

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger