8852 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Shared disk not visible in windows 2008 r2 Failover cluster

Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

Shared disk not visible in windows 2008 r2 Failover cluster

Hi,

We have MSA 2312sa with Blade C3000 enclosure and 2xblade SAS switch. On 2 BL460C Servers Windows 2008R2 64-bit installed with m700 controller. We are able to see 2 LUNS created and assigned to both server. We are using Windows 2008's MPIO for multipathing and it shows 4 path to each LUN. When we are installing windows failver clustering its not able to find any shared disk. It says no disk available to cluster disk is available. We have tried different options but to no help. All latest patched of windows is installed and all firmware is also updated (its a new installation). Then i followed command way of below articale and it started showing that disk in cluster and it failover also properly..

http://msmvps.com/blogs/jtoner/archive/2009/01/08/adding-a-disk-to-a-windows-2008-failover-cluster-using-cluster-exe-commands.aspx

The problem is every time if we do cluster validation it failied storage test. But if i check manual faiolver/movement of disks accross nodes then it happen properly. i am not able to make out why its happening that way. HP support helps only till disks are visible on both nodes. Please advise if anyone know any fix or what may be the issue.

Thanks in advance.