Operating System - Microsoft
1752540 Members
4929 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Sysprep problem, You are being prompted for input over the unattended setup channel

M3ph
Occasional Advisor

Sysprep problem, You are being prompted for input over the unattended setup channel

I get the following message when using sysprep to install my bl460c G6 server:

an EMS connection has been detected on your system. You are being prompted for input over the unattended setup channel on that connection. If you provide input over the EMS connection, this dialog will close and setup wil comlete. If you prefer to configure setup via this local connection, click OK and setup will proceed, prompting you for input.

How can I resolve this issue so I can install servers remotely unattended?
4 REPLIES 4
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Sysprep problem, You are being prompted for input over the unattended setup channel

At this point, the setup is telling you it needs to ask a question, and gives you two ways to go about it. Either press OK locally or start the remote EMS connection now to see the actual question.

Find out what the question is. Determine the correct answer to that question.

Then find a way to include that answer into the unattended setup configuration, so that next time the install won't have to stop to ask for it.

Until you read the actual question and tell us about it, we cannot tell you how to change your unattended setup configuration.

I'm asking the moderators to move this thread to Microsoft section, as this does not seem to be a hardware-related question at all.

MK
MK
M3ph
Occasional Advisor

Re: Sysprep problem, You are being prompted for input over the unattended setup channel

Is it possible to just disable EMS in the BIOS? Or would this prevent me from using ILO?
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Yes just disable it in the BIOS.

Best still disable it in a server, capture the system config and send this system config at the start of every job.
M3ph
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean by:

Best still disable it in a server, capture the system config and send this system config at the start of every job.

Could you clarify this for me?