1753349 Members
4947 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: television use

Wauthy

television use

hi,
I've a portable Presario 2100. When I try to use the monitor of my television with the S-VHS cable, only the background of the office appears (for ex.the mountain of the XP scheme). In the past I've no problem. Can you help me ? Thanks

bonjour,
j'ai un portable Presario 2100. Quand je veux utiliser l'├Г┬йcran de ma t├Г┬йl├Г┬йvision avec le c├Г┬вble S-VHS, il appara├Г┬оt seulement l'image d'arri├Г┬иre plan du bureau, rien d'autre.
Par le pass├Г┬й je n'avais aucun probl├Г┬иme. Pourriez-vous m
8 REPLIES 8
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

My assumption is that you are either driving it with a screen size greater than what the monitor can handle, or the refresh rate may be too high.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Wauthy

normaly no, the refresh is on 60hz and the screen on 800x600
I don't understand why I see only the background
yhanks for your help
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor
Wauthy

thanks, but my portable run under 1024x768. The size of the screen seems not the problem. Have you other suggestion ?
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Well.... Have you changed ANYTHING (software, SP's, Hot fixes, hardware, drivers) anything at all since it last worked?

IS your s-video cable still in good shape (no bent or broken pins)?

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Zsolt Kukedi_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
Are you using the multiple monitor feature?
If yes, maybe you are using the display area on the Presario only and you did not drop anything to the other display.
Look for the bitmap attached.
Maybe it is too easy, and dummy approach, but it happened with me.
Zsolt
Work only 1/2 day - any other 12 hrs filled automatically...
Wauthy

Hi SZOLT, Jon and Ganesh,

thanks for your idea, but it's not the solution,

Perhaps a complementary information : I can't use anymore the function F5 (with fn + F5) which normally make the change between only the screen of the PC, both screen or only the screen of the second monitor.

Thanks for your help
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Go into the BIOS setup and tell it you want the defaults then save the changes and exit. If the video now works but is only black and white go back in and change it from NTSC to PAL or PAL-M.

Ron