Operating System - OpenVMS
1753647 Members
6118 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Certification in OpenVMS

Manoj Chakraborty

Certification in OpenVMS

I will do OpenVMS certifications ie.Certified System Administrator (CSA) and Certified System Engineer (CSE) .

That is I need to pass Exam #HP0-081 ,Exam #HP0-082, Exam #HP0-083 or Exam #HP0-276

I have gone through system administration manual 1 and 2 .
Can anyone help me by providing a precise material only for certifications or Sample Qusetion answer banks to test before actually going for certifications?
3 REPLIES 3
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

no, HP deliberately do not make available many sample questions.
The idea is to make it less easy to pass the exams by rote learning of answers (as apparently do for some other certifications).

More information on the OpenVMS certification exams can be found in the following VMS Technical Journal article

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/v5/are-you-certifiable.html

Manoj,

I think there are some practice sets out there, but none that are actually in the exam. The practice sets are, in effect, "reject" items from the exams. They're the ones that were acceptable from a statistical and psychometric perspective, but not as good as those selected for the exam. At best they'll give you an idea of the type of question to expect. Don't imagine that memorising any practice questions is anything but a waste of your time.

The exam questions have been carefully constructed so you don't need to practice sample questions. If you know the operating system, you should be able to work out the correct answer from basic principles. We also tried to make it difficult to "cram".

If you have enough experience, you will pass. If you don't pass, you don't have enough experience.

See the article referenced by Ian.
A crucible of informative mistakes