1755039 Members
2979 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

connecting vax4000(vms) to pc through ftp

inam shah
Occasional Contributor

connecting vax4000(vms) to pc through ftp

i want to connect my pc to vax4000 in order to transfer data in between. please let me know the procedure of installing ftp on vax4000 system. (i already have ftp installed on one of the systems at site A and now i want to install the same at site B (dont know who and when installed on A))
5 REPLIES 5
Bojan Nemec
Honored Contributor

Re: connecting vax4000(vms) to pc through ftp

Inam,

Check if you have TCPIP (or UCX) installed on yours VAX. If no you must first install this product.
If yes, run the SYS$MANAGER:TCPIP$CONFIG.COM (or SYS$MANAGER:UCX$CONFIG.COM depends on the TCPIP version) then select the "Server components" option and search for "FTP". Start and enable this service.

Bojan

Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor

If not already done so, you need a TCPIP package on your VAX, e.g. UCX (old) or TCPIP-Services from HP (there are other packages from other vendors as well).
If a TCPIP Ppackage is installed, FTP must be configured (@SYS$MANAGER:TCPIP$CONFIG for TCPIP-Service e.g.).

Note, that you need a license, but check before purchasing one, if a license is already installed (LICEN LIST or SHO LIC ) and look for UCX or NAS licenses.

regards Kalle
Anton van Ruitenbeek
Trusted Contributor

First: Welcome to the forum, hope you will find all youre answers ....

If you already have installed IP it is very simple.
If you are using IP 4.x its @SYS$STARTUP:UCX$CONFIG and go to 'Server components'. Here you find FTP and set it on and when leaving this menu to '$' you get the option to startit. If not, you can start it bij @SYS$STARTUP:UCX$FTP_STARTUP.COM

If you are using IP 5.x its @SYS$STARTUP:TCPIP$CONFIG and go to 'Server components'. Here you find FTP and set it on and when leaving this menu to '$' you get the option to startit. If not, you can start it bij @SYS$STARTUP:TCPIP$FTP_STARTUP.COM

AvR
NL: Meten is weten, maar je moet weten hoe te meten! - UK: Measuremets is knowledge, but you need to know how to measure !
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Inam,
1) check tcp/ip license
$ SHO LICENSE
you have to see ucx product
2) check installed product
$ PRODUCT SHOW PROD
you have to see ucx or tcpip product
3) Activate ftp
$ @SYS$MANAGER:UCX$CONFIG
or else
$ @SYS$MANAGER:TCPIP$CONFIG
choice server service and enable ftp.

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
inam shah
Occasional Contributor

thanx to all of u. yes i have a licensed copy of the software; but i have systems at more than one locations of our company. so far the ftp (ucx) was only used at the head office level, now i want to install it at other locations as well. can i take a backup of concerned file and just copy the same tree at the other location and execute the following command:

$ @SYS$MANAGER:UCX$CONFIG
further i dont get the point

(then select the "Server components" option and search for "FTP". Start and enable this service)
pleas let me know it step wise
thanx once again