1752280 Members
4743 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Printer 2015

steven C_2

HP Printer 2015

I need to have a separtion page between each print job and the separation paper must pull from the second tray (different color paper).
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Does this have something to do with VMS, or
are you asking in a wrong forum?

In any case, more information about how you
run a print job would probably be helpful.
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Welcome to the ITRC forums.

Information on device control libraries (a feature of OpenVMS and its print symbiont mechanism) are available from various sources, including:

http://64.223.189.234/node/622

You would need to create device control modules -- the above section describes setting up landscape printing and related modules, but the basic implementation scheme is similar for your task -- to use a device control library to select the appropriate tray. You'd need to look up the specific PCL sequence used for switching the trays, and create a couple of modules in a device control library.

If you're using DECprint Services (DCPS) to drive the printer from your OpenVMS system, there's the DCPS$queuename_SEPARATOR_TRAY logical name. (Given the LaserJet 2015 has Postscript emulation, DCPS is a good choice here.)

Given the choice of these approaches, I'd recommend DCPS here. Both will work fine with most any version of OpenVMS, however.

If this isn't OpenVMS system that's driving this particular LaserJet printer, you're asking in an ITRC forum that might not have the best audience for your question. (Folks in this forum know OpenVMS and OpenVMS printing...) There's an ITRC forum specifically for printing and imaging questions available here:

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/familyhome.do?familyId=412

Stephen Hoffman
HoffmanLabs LLC
Paul Anderson_7
Frequent Advisor

If you are using DCPS to print, define this logical name:

$ DEFINE /EXECUTIVE_MODE /SYSTEM -
_$ DCPS$queue-name_SEPARATOR_TRAY n

where 'n' is the PostScript number for the tray. HP printers usually use numbers 3, 0 and 1 for trays 1, 2 and 3.

See the DCPS System Manager's Guide for more information.

Paul
Hakan Zanderau ( Anders
Trusted Contributor

To be able to help we need to know what symbiont is running the queue.

$ SHOW QUEUE/FULL queue
Don't make it worse by guessing.........
steven C_2

Folks, I really appreciate your responses! This gives me a place to start.