2838 Online
108875 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Manual creation of Oracle 9.2 RAC database on Vms Cluster

Miguel Ward
Advisor

Manual creation of Oracle 9.2 RAC database on Vms Cluster

Hi:

I have used dbca.com to create preconfigured Oracle database but the parameters, etc. are really not what I want, it does not see the cluster, creates a whole pile of datafiles I am not interested in, etc.

In previous versions (Oracle 9014) I have always created database manually (including manually running different .COM procedures provided by Oracle) but the methods have changed a lot in 9.2.

Does anyone have a 'complete' manual creation procedure/instructions for Oracle 9.2 (not only the create database .sql but also all the .COM procedures one would have to run manually to set up the instance/cluster files Oracle looks for when starting up, etc.). Can it be done?

Have not found any article in Oracle's Metalink (except for manual installation of Java) but perhaps there is some document with instructions.

Much appreciate any help on this so as to avoid too much time trying to work things out on my own.

Thanks

Miguel
1 REPLY 1
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Re: Manual creation of Oracle 9.2 RAC database on Vms Cluster

I would suggest to let Oracle to its thing, but plan on deleting the database itself, re-creating one to your liking.
You might want to use the Oracle DB only for a 'backup database to trace' command to get a clean outline for a database create.

Disclaimer... I only used DBCA on Tru64 and there, like yourself, mostly I just created my own databases manually.

Just an opinion.
Hein.