1752565 Members
5326 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TSM on Integrity

Shael Richmond
Frequent Advisor

TSM on Integrity

Has anyone tried to use TSM on IA64? I was thinking of trying the AEST utility on it but thought I'd check if anyone else has tried it.
4 REPLIES 4
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Re: TSM on Integrity

Shael,

I do not have the time at this instant, but my recollection is that there was a thread on almost precisely this either here or in COMP.OS.VMS.

That said, I also would suggest checking the FREEWARE archives to see if the sources were released at some point.

My regrets that I do not have the time at this instant to precisely verify my recollections.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

Shael,

your request has made me curious...

I just have connected to a DECserver 700 using an AESTed TSM on OpenVMS I64 V8.3!

Great!

cu,
Martin
Shael Richmond
Frequent Advisor

Yes it seems to work. I AEST'ed TSM$MAIN and TSM$MSG after copying all the files from an Alpha system. Once I added:
$ assign/system sys$library:nmlshr.exe nmlshr_av ! for TSM.

I'm in the middle of a conversion from an Alpha to Itanium so I don't have DECNET running yet(duplicate address) but it does look like it will work.
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

>>>
Yes it seems to work. I AEST'ed TSM$MAIN and TSM$MSG after copying all the files from an Alpha system.
<<<

You can even generate TSM$MSG.EXE from the .MSG file contained in the TSM021.A kit ($ MESSAGE/OBJECT & LINK).

>>>
Once I added:
$ assign/system sys$library:nmlshr.exe nmlshr_av ! for TSM.
<<<

Yes, I did the same.

Also from the VMSINSTAL kit I grabbed TSM$COMMAND.CLD to install the TSM command.

I even copied the TSM$CONFIG.DAT from the Alpha - my I64 TSM knows about all our DECservers now!

cu,
Martin