1754297 Members
2727 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Two VMS servers are comming up as Duty

Colin Butcher
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Two VMS servers are comming up as Duty

Oh dear, that broke my formatting by removing spaces. Here it is again with the 'retain formatting' check box ticked.

Machine A Machine B
--------------------------------------
Off to Master Off
Master Off to Standby
Master Standby to Off
Master to Off Off to Master
Master to Off Standby to Master
Master to Standby Standby to Master

and so on. There are also transitions that shouldn't happen which you need to guard against - as you've seen.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem (Occam's razor).
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Hassan,

from your Forum Profile:

I have assigned points to 239 of 321 responses to my questions.

Most of the threads with unassigned answers date back to 2005.

Maybe you can find some time to do some assigning?

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Mind, I do NOT say you necessarily need to give lots of points. It is fully up to _YOU_ to decide how many. If you consider an answer is not deserving any points, you can also assign 0 ( = zero ) points, and then that answer will no longer be counted as unassigned.
Consider, that every poster took at least the trouble of posting for you!

To easily find your streams with unassigned points, click your own name somewhere.
This will bring up your profile.
Near the bottom of that page, under the caption "My Question(s)" you will find "questions or topics with unassigned points " Clicking that will give all, and only, your questions that still have unassigned postings.
If you have closed some of those streams, you must "Reopen" them to "Submit points". (After which you can "Close" again)

Thanks on behalf of your Forum colleagues.

PS. - nothing personal in this. I try to post it to everyone with this kind of assignment ratio in this forum. If you have received a posting like this before - please do not take offence - none is intended!

PPS. - Zero points for this.

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Hassan,

I would amplify Colin's comment. There is a significant possibility that the communications problem is caused by the MWAIT. The MWAIT itself would be caused by some completely unrelated bug in the code.

As was noted in your last post, these systems are not in an OpenVMS cluster.

My experience in situations like this is the same as that of Colin and Hoff, this type of logic is very sensitive to small errors, and it requires painstaking, careful analysis to ensure that all of the cases are properly taken care of.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Sk Noorul  Hassan
Regular Advisor

Thanks all,

We have found the bug & the problem is happening only when my current duty is serving the external interfaces.