1752339 Members
5664 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: user account sysuaf

user account sysuaf

I want to copy all user accounts from Aplha VMS8.3 system to IA64 system 8.4. What is a best practice procedurel Pl provide steps.
5 REPLIES 5
Joseph Huber_1
Honored Contributor

mrityunjoy kundu_2

Copy SYSUAF and RIGHTSLIST file to remote server.
abrsvc
Respected Contributor

Folow the discussion in the thread posted by Joe. It is critical that you understand the ramifications of a move versus a merge. If you have any further questions or need clarifications, please post them here. This should be a simple task once the environment is understood.

Dan
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

>>>This should be a simple task once the environment is understood.

The key issue is ensuring rights and ownership match up. If you've added an IA64 system to a cluster this could be less of an issue. If you copy files over a network connection this could become very involved.

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
Brad McCusker
Respected Contributor

Dan says it is a "a simple task once the environment is understood" which I suppose it is - but fully understanding the environment is not so simple, but is very critical to your success.

As others have said, read the thread that Joe referenced. There is a lot in that thread and it's all very, very important. Understand it all before you proceed.

Brad McCusker
Software Concepts International
www.sciinc.com
Brad McCusker
Software Concepts International