1754303 Members
3180 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Vegas or Nashua?

EdgarZamora_1
Respected Contributor

Vegas or Nashua?

It's Friday afternoon and I'm just waiting to get done and go out. Biggest question on my mind... Vegas or Nashua? Why did they hold them so close to each other (only a month apart)? My management won't let me go to both. What's a guy to do?
9 REPLIES 9
EdgarZamora_1
Respected Contributor

Re: Vegas or Nashua?

Let me clarify this rant... for those who may not have gotten it.

OpenVMS Advanced Technical Bootcamp, Nashua NH - May 21-25

HP Technology Forum, Las Vegas NV - June 18 - 21
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

for technical input I would choose Nashua. For posibly a chance to talk to a wider range of people then Vagas.

I'm hoping to be in Nashua. No chance of being in Vagas.

If your business or your interest is with OpenVMS itself, then the Bootcamp in Nashua is the event you will want to attend. No question.

If aligned more toward the broader HP business, HPTF in Las Vegas.

There will certainly be OpenVMS content in Las Vegas, but there simply cannot be the depth nor the breadth you will find in Nashua.

Conversely, you'll find little or nothing on ProLiant, printers or HP-UX or other such in Nashua.

I plan to attend Nashua, and am rather less likely to attend Las Vegas.

And you are certainly not alone in wondering why HPTF has been moved up a quarter or more earlier in the year.

Stephen Hoffman
HoffmanLabs
B Claremont
Frequent Advisor

I agree with Ian's assessment. However, you might want to consider Vegas. I'm not sure where Vagas is. (Note that Google can figure it out.)
www.MigrationSpecialties.com
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Edgar,

For in-depth information,, the Nashua Bootcamp is a better venue. The Engineering organization does a spectacular job.

Schedule permitting, I will be at both.

My recollection is that the Bootcamp was scheduled first, and that the HP Corporate staff moved the Tech Forum from the early fall to late spring.

For scheduling reasons on this end, I truly wish that they had not done that.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Edgar,

No experience with HPTF, but I have attended several European HP-wide events. From what I hear, they are somewhat comparable.
OTOH, if you remember the "old" DECUSes, take that rather more intense and more in-depth, and you have the global impression of Bootcamp.
I have permission for Nashua, so barring serious unforeseen things intervening, that is where I will be going.

Hope to meet you there.

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Stanley F Quayle
Valued Contributor

I'm planning on attending both. The Bootcamp is the "family" meeting, so that's important.

In my business, I need that wider audience, so I'll be in Las Vegas, too. I missed the window for submissions, so HPTF won't have my Alpha virtualization hands-on session (and I won't get the free admission, either).

See you at one or the other, or both!

http://www.stanq.com/charon-vax.html
EdgarZamora_1
Respected Contributor

Thank you for all the responses. I didn't really need to know about the content of both events as I attended both every year (well, not bootcamp but Ambassadors' meetings which were similar). I was just lamenting on the fact that they are being held close together and I wouldn't be allowed to attend both. If the Technology forum wasn't being held in Vegas it would be an easier choice, but I really want to visit Vegas cuz "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" ;)

But duty comes before pleasure and I expect to go to Nashua instead. See y'all in NH in May.
BT-15
Advisor

My lament is trying to get approval for another trip when I just got back from the one last fall. I hear the "Didn't you just get back, what could be new in only a few months?" question. Makes it harder to justify, especially a trip to Vegas.

Hope to be there