3149 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

AS4100

J├дger Helmut
Occasional Advisor

AS4100

Hello!

I only want to know, if my SCSI-Controllers (QLogic ISP1040B) are able to config RAID.
I have an external Storageworks (Model DSA8A356) with five harddisks (RZ1EF) and a combined SCSI-Controller (dual), which I want to make a RAID-System.
Or do I have the option to config the RID withe the operating system (True64 Unix, V5.1B-2)?

Kind regards
Helmut
6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: AS4100

It would be useful if you could dig out the Compaq/HP number (e.g. KZPCA-AA), but to me it looks like this is a simple host bus adapter, not a RAID controller.
J├дger Helmut
Occasional Advisor

The SCSI-Controller is a KZBPA-CX!
If it is not possible to config a RAID-System, ist it possible to use some operating-sytsem tools? Is LSM such a software?
Erich Wimmer
Valued Contributor

KZPBA-Cx is not a raid controller. You can use software raid with help of LSM. LSM needs a license, see:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/10899_div/10899_div.HTML

Kind regards, Erich
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

KZPBA-CX is the number for the the board that is sold together with documentation & packaging as the KZPBA-CA. It's a single-ended ultra-wide SCSI adapter.
J├дger Helmut
Occasional Advisor

Many thanks to all!
Now I know, what I have to do.
I will do software raid with LSM (I have a license).
In addition another question:
Can I mirror the root-partition also with LSM? And how to do?
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor

Look for volrootmir in the documentation. Be sure you understand LSM as this can become quite difficult for someone who's not familiar with it.