2813 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Reg NIC Cards

hareesh
Advisor

Reg NIC Cards

Hi,
I have got few alphaservers which includes AS4100,DS20E, and Xp1000 clients.and all these systems are connected with CISCO 4006 Switches.I am facing a probelm with my network card configurations ,ie.If I leave both system and Switch side as Autonegosiation ,the system will get connected as 100 Mbps Half duplex.Finaly after many trail and eoor mthod i found few tips to make full duplex configuration are follows:
In Ds20E systems i will keep FastFD(100 mbpsFull) in system side and i will make switch port as Auto/Auto then the system will come up with 100 Mbps Full duplex otherwise no.
But in As4100 both System (FastFD) and Switch Side if Force then only the system will come up with 100 Mbps Full duplex same case for XP1000 Workstations also(Tu0 device).
Can any one pls suggest me any such configuration which i can make system with 100 Full duplex without any speed forceing..?? or is there any Harm when i configured as above

pls let me know..
Thanks
KH
1 REPLY 1
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: Reg NIC Cards

why not using the search function within this forum?
e.g.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=607159

depending on the type of network card there are different possiblities. DE5xx (tulip) uses srm console variables, DE6xx always autoneg. If your switch will not detect FD replace it with another modell, cisco modells are not "happy" with tulip cards. There is no garantee that it will work or FD is used because RFCs are not very clear and depend on the implementations of the vendor.

I will ignore questions which are so often answered in the future. It is not very complicated to use the search function prior to post questions.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }