New Discussion юеВ

True 64 Packages

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chartier Jerome
Frequent Advisor

True 64 Packages

Hi all,

I'm very new in the True 64 world, used to use HP servers, and I would like to know how to find and install some packages on the system (V5.1) as I'm trying to compile gcc on it and have got an error on the libstdc++ not present (in fact not compile and the command make all-target-libstdc++-v3) gives the same error.

Thanks for all your help

Cheers

Jerome
J@Y
8 REPLIES 8
Norman_20
Advisor
Solution

Re: True 64 Packages

You found all you need in original package of operating system, in cd labelled "associated product".

Bye Norman
Chartier Jerome
Frequent Advisor

Hi Norman,

There is not gcc on this disk ... or I can't find it ....

Cheers

Jerome C
J@Y
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

where did you get the sources and how did you try to install them?

greetings,

Michael
Norman_20
Advisor

Please read pubblic manual and you can found the correct package. I' don't remember exact name.
Regards
Chartier Jerome
Frequent Advisor

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies...

The gcc version is the full gcc 3.3.2 I've downloaded the sources from a mirror, decompress, untar, then ./configure, then make bootstrap, and I have this error:

alphaev56-dec-osf5.1/libstdc++-v3/src -L/Disk1/home/jchartie/gcc-3.3.2/alphaev56-dec-osf5.1/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -lm ../libmath/.libs/libmath.a -lm ../libsupc++/.libs/libsupc++convenience.a -lm -L/Disk1/home/jchartie/gcc-3.3.2/gcc -L/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc -lstdc++ -lm -lgcc_s -lc -lgcc_s -lm -lstdc++ -lm -lgcc_s -lc -lgcc_s -Wl,-msym -Wl,-soname -Wl,libstdc++.so.5 `test -n "5.0.5:5.0" && echo -Wl,-set_version -Wl,5.0.5:5.0` -Wl,-update_registry -Wl,.libs/so_locations -o .libs/libstdc++.so.5.0.5
/usr/bin/ld:
Can't locate file for: -lstdc++
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.

I use gmake, tried with make, CC=cc (no choice) had to do gmake bootstrap because gmake doesn't work.

The libstdc++ directory exists, but is not compiled (cc files).
Tried to launch:
make all-target-libstdc++-v3
but I got the same error message ....

Any idea ...?

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers

Jerome C
J@Y
Yong_7
Frequent Advisor

Hi there,

I believe you can find the ready-to-go version of gcc ( and other open source ) from "Open source CD" provided by Compaq/HP.

also you can get them from here.

http://h30097.www3.hp.com/demos/ossc/html/shwindex.htm

Yong_7
Frequent Advisor

Oops, my fault.

gcc is not there.

you may try to get gcc binary from

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

and click "The Written Word" at bottown.

i do not have ftp access at this time.

Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

a little bit late to join the Tru64 world at the end of the "road" ;-)

Anyway gcc is not part of the standard Tru64 release. The compiler with the best performance and support on Alpha is the "cc" delivered with the OS.

If you prefer the gcc install the version delivered with open source packages (have a look to www.tru64unix.compaq.com -> software).

Btw. 5.1 is not supported anymore, maybe it is better to switch to the last versions 5.1B (-1 is the latest update)

Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }