Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1754964 Members
2819 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Library and Tape Tools - where is file HP_LTT.exe on CD?

SOLVED
Go to solution
noka
Frequent Advisor

Library and Tape Tools - where is file HP_LTT.exe on CD?

CD (C1104-90035) that came with 220mx jukebox says file HP_LTT.exe is on CD. It allows to run LTT from CD rather than install it onto PC hard disk.

Q: It is not on the CD, so where can I get it?

"HP_LTT.exe (For Windows/Intel platforms only -- This is the Library & Tape Tools diagnostic
executable file. Windows/Intel platforms can
execute the diagnostics from this CD-ROM using
this file.)"
Measure twice, cut once.
4 REPLIES 4
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: Library and Tape Tools - where is file HP_LTT.exe on CD?

I do not know about CD, but LTT you can download here: http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/index.html
Eugeny
CA628575
Trusted Contributor

I'm not familiar with this CD.

However you can download LTT from the website (http://www.hp.com/support/tapetools) and make your own CD. Install the downloaded version of LTT on a PC with a CD burner and then burn the entire contents of the installation folder onto the CD (default is: C:\Program Files\HP StorageWorks Library And Tape Tools). You may want to download firmware and burn this as well.

Once you have the CD, just take it to your target system and double-click on HP_LTT.exe in explorer. It will prompt for a folder for temporary files which can savely be removed after you're done running LTT. Other than files in that temporary folder, no modifications are being made by LTT to the target system.
noka
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jan: I am surprised that you are not familiar with the CD I referenced above because it shipped with the 220mx jukebox I received recently (and I believe it also ships with standalone optical drives; e.g. 9100mx). In any case, the file they say to run the LTT off the CD directly is missing. The links that to LTT that you and previous poster provided appear to be the same (your link had ")" char but no big dealt to delete it. I don't understand you instructions. I assume this is not an ISO image to burn, so do you mean I should install LTT on some target PC and then copy some files/folders to a CD? Could you please clarify? Again, my intent is to be able to run LTT from CD on target system without "installing" on target system (as the instruction with CD above I originally referenced incicates you can do - but the file is missing from that CD!
Measure twice, cut once.
CA628575
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Yes, the links were identical - the link I provided is the stable jump station, whereas the other link was a specific document.

You are correct: there is no ISO image for LTT on a CD. Simply drag-and-drop the entire LTT program folder (and all subfolders) onto a CD inside your favorite CD Writer software. LTT will automatically detect that it is run from a CD.