Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1754355 Members
4723 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: My E drive wont recognize DVDs

Heather Marshall

My E drive wont recognize DVDs

My E drive suddenly doesn't recognize discs. The computer recognizes the drive, but when I put a disc in, it doesn't pick it up. What's causing this and how do i fix it?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Heather:

Can you browse to the drive manually? or is the problem occuring when your trying to browse the disk, you get a "Please insert disk..." message?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Shameer.V.A
Respected Contributor

Hi,
Have you tried with different media.?
Is your drive is a DVD rom drive??
Try to clean the drive with Lens Cleaner disk.

Regards,

Shameer
.... See invisible, feel intangible and achieve impossible as everything is possible ....
Heather Marshall

My E: drive is a DVD + - writer. I use it to burn DVDs and CDs and play PC games but my computer also has a plain DVD rom (F:) drive. It reads my DVDs just fine. And, when I put blank DVDs and CDs into my E: drive it recognizes them and can write to them, but for some reason it won't read DVD movies. You think I should just clean the lens?
JASH_2
Trusted Contributor

Heather,

Do you have a windows DVD reader. Such as windvd? This lets you read movies. Your PC should have come with it, if you have a DVD on it at all. Plenty of software out there, a lot of DVDs come with software on, so install it from there.

Cheers,

JASH
If I can, I will!