Other HPE Product Questions
1753518 Members
4999 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Printer Print Scan Copy Photo Web

Dike2000

HP Printer Print Scan Copy Photo Web

I have an HP printer scanner. Purchased new in UK from big retail supplier "Staples". Printer has only every had HP cartridges installed into it. I have used HP since 1980s and was responsible for purchasing HP in the Business in which I worked. Good reliable items.

Ten or so days ago I got message on HP printer window that non HP cartridges were being used in my printer. NOT TRUE. Notwithstanding the truth HP then sabotaged my printer (i later learned with their bombing software)  and I was totally unable to print anything. Contacted HP - they supplied me (after five days!) with 2 new cartridges. I installed these today. Printer would not print and the on screen scan application is not visible. Downloaded and reinstalled - still does not work - no print & no scan.

HP has put out software to stop third party ink being used. However, from my experience, their software is so poorly written - incompetent - that it does not do that job alone but also shuts down users with what HP regards as legitimate cartridges (i.e. their own). Tis outrageous and probably illegal - and needs stopping.

Printer switched off - message that IMPROPER SHUTDOWN keeps appearing on the printer window.  It was properly shutdown - nonetheless this message keeps appearing - and despite repeated attemps at software installation and  computer shutdown reboot etc nothing is working. I cannot print and I cannot scan.

HP is more like the MAFIA in its behavioiur and shoulld be  reigned in.

1 REPLY 1
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Re: HP Printer Print Scan Copy Photo Web

Hi,

HP computers and printers and associated products are manufactured and supported by HP Inc. HP Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise are two independent companies. Please visit the HP Support Forums or HP.com for support on HP products.

warren_80x80.jpgThanks,
Warren_Admin, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Thanks,
Warren_Admin