1755747 Members
2066 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

Maintenance CDs with DL385 G1 locks up mouse

kheller2
Frequent Advisor

Maintenance CDs with DL385 G1 locks up mouse

I'm tring to use the FW CD 8.50 (and a few older ones) to update the firwmware on DL385G1 servers. I have four machines where the gui just hangs on the language selection. I can't get the mouse to move at all. (I'm doing this via ILO CD mounting as I don't have physical access to the box).

I did the remote update of these boxes by launching the gui from RHEL 5.3 cd itself. However, you can't flash the firmware on harddisks this way and now the RAID card complains that the firmwae should be updated.

Is there a solution to either flashing harddrives from the running OS or getting the mouse driver to work, or even a command line?
I can pick the language from the drop down box using the keyboard arrows and space bar, but I can't highlight the continue button.
1 REPLY 1
kheller2
Frequent Advisor

Re: Maintenance CDs with DL385 G1 locks up mouse

I might have figured this out. Make sure you start the remote console with high performance mouse turned off. Then mount up your virtual media and boot.

You can't switch mouse modes with virtual media mounted anymore. You will have to fish around to get the mouse close to the buttons you need but it can be done.