2976 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RDP and RAID configuration

Taurian
Valued Contributor

RDP and RAID configuration

Hi all,
I am using RDP 3.83 to deploy Proliant DL380 G5 and DL580 G5 machines with three or more HDDs.

I am facing a rather peculiar problem. When I power on the server, the RAID controller automatically configures RAID 1+0 and creates a logical volume for two out of three HDDs, and on a second reboot configures a separate logical volume for the remaining HDD.

Through RDP, I first erase the logical volume configuration. RDP then restarts the server to configure the RAID we have defined in the scripts. But before it can do so, the controller automatically configures the RAID and the RDP script gives an error, and our desired RAID is not configured.

Is there any guide that I can follow to successfully overcome this problem? Or maybe you guys can let me know of a work around for this problem.
3 REPLIES 3
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Re: RDP and RAID configuration

Hi Taurian,

To reconfigure the raid you need not run the erase and than run the configuration raid script. Instead you could directly run deploy configuration script which would recreate the raid which is required.

For ex: If you want to configure raid 5 not install OS after that, use the "Deploy Proliant ML/DL/BL Array Configuration (Raid 5) {WinPE}/{LinuxPE}". This script will erase the previous settings and configure Raid 5.

If you are using "Deploy Proliant ML/DL/BL + OS + PSP {WinPE}/{LinuxPE}", edit the Run Script for Deploy Array Configuration. When you open this script the default inputfile is "pl-acu-rd.ini" change it to "pl-acu-r5.ini" or the required array configuration.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rajashekar C.

Taurian
Valued Contributor

Thanks Rajashekar for the reply. I haven't tried your suggestion as I already found an alternative.
By simply merging the two tasks of erasing an array configuration and reconfiguring into a single job, we were able to avoid the unnecessary reboot that caused the problem.
Taurian
Valued Contributor

Already posted the solution in previous reply.