ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1754846 Members
5395 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Start release 7.10

Paul Martinez

Smart Start release 7.10

I get the error "The connection was refused when attempting to connect to 127.0.0.1:2381" when trying to use the Array Configuration Utility. Is this a known problem with 7.10? p.s. I'm installing brand new ML570's.
4 REPLIES 4
Karen Skweres

No, this is not a known problem with SmartStart 7.10. Are you booting SmartStart and going directly to the Array Configuration Utility when you get this error? If you are running Diagnostics or Array Diagnostics utilities first try just booting SmartStart 7.10 and going directly to the Array Configuration Utility. If you still get the error we need to know what Controllers are in the Server?
Michael Boots_1
Advisor

I'm also getting this error on a BL20PG2, with std onboard controller + 2 36GB 15K drives. (connecting via ilo console and virt. media)

Along with this problem, it refuses to boot off the array during setup. SmartStart copies all the files to the HDD after doing the initial config, and then reboots (but seems to reboot mid copy, as the pictures of the files are still moving, and then suddenly dumps). On reboot, it can't find an O/S to boot into.

Have also tried the smart start 7.0 CD, and get same results.

I'm just going to confirm Bios levels now, but believe they're up to date. Of note, this exact process worked fine on this server 2 weeks ago when running it up for some testing.

I'll post back here if/when i get the soln.

Do you know Prov0?
Karen Skweres

Try using ORCA (option Rom configuration press F8 when prompted at boot time)to configure the array controller and see if the installation completes normally. Another thing to try is hooking a USB CDROM, Keyboard and Mouse to the server and running SmartStart from the USB CDROM. Did you check if the ILO firmware is current?
Michael Boots_1
Advisor

I did two things which solved it in my instance ...

1) Updated SYSTEM (not array) bios to latest (it was at second most recent). Array controller was already at latest bios.

2) I had been using ILO virtual media in the following config. ISO on my laptop, mounted as a CD Drive on my laptop using Daemon Tools, with Virtual media pointing to the "mounted" virtual CD Drive. I changed this so that the virtual media pointed directly to the ISO. The first was was MUCH faster for file transfer (?!?).

Do you know Prov0?