ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1760762 Members
3582 Online
108895 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows 2003 Slipstreamed with SP1 in RDP 2.00 Errors.

Doug Zwinck
Occasional Advisor

I spoke with HP tech support this morning and they confirmed the issue would be resolved with RDP 2.10 due out sometime in May.

I have a fix for this issue right now.

1. Download "HP ProLiant Smart Array 5x and 6x Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Server 2003" (cp005183.exe). This is also included in ProLiant Support Pack 7.30.

2. Extract the contents to a temporary folder.

3. Copy the new cpqcissm.cat, cpqcissm.inf and cpqcissm.sys files to \lib\osoem\proliant.zzz\w52\$oem$\textmode\.

This updates the array drivers used during textmode setup of Windows Server 2003 with SP1 which cause the blue screen.

Doug
Doug Zwinck
Occasional Advisor

Sorry. My previous post didn't completely fix it. I'm still working on it though and will post when it is resolved.
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

Doug,

You are pretty close with that one, I'm trying to remember which files I had to modify to make it work, below is the list of files I added to the $oem$\textmode and $oem$\$1\drivers\scsi folders:

cpqciss.dll
cpqcisse.cat
cpqcisse.inf
cpqcisse.sys

This seems to work for most new systems G2s/G3s/G4s. I had some issues still with old compaq hardware.
Doug Zwinck
Occasional Advisor

James,

So you only "added" those files? You didn't "replace" the others I mentioned in my post? I noticed they were newer versions.

I have been looking through txtsetup.oem and other files but not seeing anything else obvious to me. Did you happen to modify a text file somewhere?

I'm deploying to BL20p G2's and G3's only.

Doug
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

Yep, those 4 files are the only ones I added (replaced if they were already there, i don't think they were). I did not modify the txtsetup.oem files or any other text files.

I haven't tried it on a Blade server yet, so I can't say. But I've deployed many DL60 and DL380 G2/G3/G4s under this configuration, which previously was blue-screening, and now they deploy just fine.
Doug Zwinck
Occasional Advisor

The stop code on blade servers (BL20p G2/G3) is 0x0000007B. The only way I've been able to deploy WS2003 w/SP1 to these blades is to remove the Copy ProLiant Files task from the deployment job.

It seems to me that the Install Package task towards the end of the job puts those drivers in place anyway.

(RDP 2.00 ships with PSP 7.20 but I modified the original job to use PSP 7.30 which I downloaded manually)

I'll try to remember and post to this thread when RDP 2.10 is released unless someone beats me to it!

Doug
CGirardy
Frequent Advisor

By removing the Copy ProLiant Files, don't you also remove the support for the HP Network cards ?
Can't you just remove the SCSI drivers as W2K3 has thoses drivers built in ??
Doug Zwinck
Occasional Advisor

It does not remove support/drivers because the PSP is installed separately after the OS installation. The copy job only puts drivers in place for use during the installation from what I can tell. An HP support person recommended to remove the copy job as a temporary workaround. He knew I had BL20p G2/G3's so other hardware configurations might require some of these files, but it is an easy workaround to try.
CGirardy
Frequent Advisor

I've just encountered the blue trap problem with a ML350 G1 I'm trying to install at the moment.

I removed the Copy ProLiant Files and it works at the moment...

But imagine you don't have support for the new HP Giga Network Cards that are not built in Windows 2003 (in DL380 G4 for example). When it restarts, the Install Package job won't be able to contact the server and copy the files needed.
Well, I'm only assuming that as I didn't encounter the blue screen problem with BL30p. My ML350 is using a network card that already has a driver in Windows 2003.
Beren_1
Occasional Contributor

Doug, How did you manage to update the job so it uses 7.3 compaq drivers?