ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755381 Members
3995 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion

Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 2

JaafarSalameh
Visitor

Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 2

i have ml 350 g6 problem i have 3 HDD 300G.B Raid 5 and one of the HDD is fail i replace it by new one . when the rebulding finish they give me the subject message

Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 2 (1.6 TB, RAID 5). If background parity initialization is queued, it will start when I/O is performed on the drive. When background parity initialization completes, the performance of the logical drive will improve

can any boady tell me how to solve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 2

"If background parity initialization is queued, it will start when I/O is performed on the drive."

Is the logical drive in use by the OS?

If you look in ACU - array configuration utility - you could see more details on the progress if it has started.

JaafarSalameh
Visitor

Re: Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 2

not O.S Disk

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

OK, is it in use by the OS? Tried putting a file on it?

If you click a little deeper into ACU and click "more information" perhaps you can get more information.