1755143 Members
3085 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL20p G3 iLO can't get IP Address.

Arturo Cowling
Occasional Contributor

BL20p G3 iLO can't get IP Address.

I have just had 5 BL20p G3 servers delivered all from the same batch and none of them can get an IP address for the iLO using DHCP. I have tried other Blades in the slots that these servers are using and also using a Diag Station but to no avail, all other G3 servers are fine under both scenarios.
The only difference with these new servers are they seem to be slighlty different in that the iLO label is no longer a white tear off, it comes on a card label that hangs on a piece of string off the front of the blade and the serial numbers have changed, now they start with a GB, not the usual J00.
Any ideas?
TIA.
4 REPLIES 4
Infoline
Advisor

Have you tried connecting to the Blade server iLO using the default IP 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0 from a separate machine?

Arturo Cowling
Occasional Contributor

I have which worked, I could then see that the iLO did have an IP address, however the name that it was registering in DHCP was completly different from that on the tag, the one that I was tring to connect to, it had no bearing whatsoever to what it should be, they were in fact prefixed with ILOMV03xxx.
Infoline
Advisor

where are you connection gthe iLO console? iLO usually comes with defined IP address.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

What kind of Enclosure do you have? Enhanced (one iLO slot for all servers) or the older Enclosure where all servers have their own iLO ports normally NIC 4.

The easiest way to find out the status of your iLO addresses for all your blades in an enclosure is to browse the RACK UTILITY through the iLO browser. If its not available then you probably need to upgrade firmware. By clicking on the rack utility you can find out all IP and iLO addresses without having to log into each one, one by one.