108828 Solutions
New Discussion

Building arrays

SOLVED
Go to solution
LMHansen
Occasional Contributor

Building arrays

I'm looking to rebuild a ML370 G6. It has theon-board P410 array controller with BBWC. In addition, I have installed a second drive cage and a second P410 PCIe array controller for the second drive cage.

So, here's my question: Can I create an array that contains drives on both controllers? Say I want a single, 16 drive RAID10 array. Can this be done? Or, do I have to create a separate array for drives on controller 1 and and one for drives on controller 2?

P.S. this thread has been moevd from Servers > Planning to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - Hp forum moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Building arrays

Hi,

as you've already installed the hw components - why don't you fire up ACU - array configuration utility - and give it a try?

I don't think it's possible. I mean how would the on board p410 communicate to the other disks? Via the system board and the extra p410?
LMHansen
Occasional Contributor

Valid point. I don't know if I expected some type of communication between the two controllers, but looks like I have to build two arrays, which will still work.

And the PCI P410 is still in transit, so I don't actually have it in the system yet.

Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

The closest you can get is to build an array on each controller, then create a software RAID1 mirror.