ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1771002 Members
2917 Online
109003 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

can HP DL360 G4 Server support Seagate SCSI hard drive?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: can HP DL360 G4 Server support Seagate SCSI hard drive?

Yes, give up. Did you read the advisory I posted regarding the drives not physically fitting in the slot and not getting the correct connection on the backplane?

You can try this in another type of server to verify what I'm saying. This drive should be recognized in other servers since it doesn't have this "fit" issue.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
yangliuran

First,thanks for all replies.

Terry, I have just one server and get no chance to try.

the link you post above show that only HP- branded hard drive are support by DL360 G3 (G4 is the same as you said). But Sean Waite are using non HP oem drives and they work. so it seem that "DL360 G3 (G4 is the same) Servers Support ONLY The HP Universal U320 SCSI Hard Drives" is not 100% true.

All I need is to let my Seagate hard drive work: just can let me install OS in it. I do not care about risk of data lose and unsupported by HP. Or the minor requirment is the drive can be detected by SCSI controller.

Am I making trouble?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, but Sean Waite is not installing the drives in question in a DL360 G3 or G4. He's installed them into an ML350, which doesn't have the issue I've described.
yangliuran

You mean that DL360 is special and only support HP-branded and ML350 has no this limitation?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Yes.
yangliuran

Thanks!