1755254 Members
5549 Online
108831 Solutions
New Discussion

Can I disable iSCSI offload for the built-in Broadcom NICs? DL360 G7

Mark Bulgier
Advisor

Can I disable iSCSI offload for the built-in Broadcom NICs? DL360 G7

On my DL360 G7 servers, there is a 4-port Broadcom NIC on the motherboard.  In VMware ESXi (5.0) these are detected as iSCSI HBAs although I am not using them as such.

I would very much like to disable this functionality so they appear as regular NICs to ESXi.  Otherwise my boot up is delayed as ESXi tries to initialize each HBA, and each one has to time out and fail before moving on to the next one.  Makes every reboot take an extra, um, some number of minutes, I haven't timed it but it's annoying! 

Also These bogus HBAs clutter up my Storage Adapters configuration page in vSphere Client.

I looked for an option ROM config prompt when booting but haven't seen any such thing.

Help!?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
rpetty
Occasional Visitor

Re: Can I disable iSCSI offload for the built-in Broadcom NICs? DL360 G7

Did you ever find an answer to this?  I have two dl360 G7 servers that I obviously disabled this on because they are absent in vsphere but I just bought a third one and for the life of me can not find where this is disabled.

rpetty
Occasional Visitor

Cancel that I just figured out.  Need to go in the BIOS and turn off the option to hide the rom options otherwise it flashes by two quickly.  Now use ctrl+s to get into the Broadcom rom option flash. 

rpetty
Occasional Visitor

FYI I also had to update the BNX2 NIC drivers in order for them to finally be removed from the Storage Adapter view.