ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754976 Members
3349 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq Proliant 1850R won't boot, no post messages, no video.

Miguel Trujillo
Advisor

Compaq Proliant 1850R won't boot, no post messages, no video.

Hi, here's my case. Three weeks ago we replace mainboard due to blue screen message.
two weeks ago we upgrade memoray from 256 to 1gb. today it won't boot up it just makes two beeps (i don't know if they are short or long) and display no post errors or video. I reinstalled everything, even playing with the memory chips and leaving one of the two procesoors to no avail. What can the problem be ?
Thanks for the help.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris Parks

Re: Compaq Proliant 1850R won't boot, no post messages, no video.

Miguel, I believe the 2 beeps is memory related.(It's been awhile) The max a 1850R machine can take is 256Meg per slot, totaling 1G. It's important that the server was upgraded with 256M 100MHz REGISTERED SDRAM. Proliant's are very touching about thier memory. I would even go to the extents of not mixing brands. Ultimately, to prove it's the memory put the old 256M configuration back in. If it works, it's the new memory configuration. In any of the cases ensure the memory is seated properly..
Good Luck... Chris
Miguel Trujillo
Advisor

Re: Compaq Proliant 1850R won't boot, no post messages, no video.

I replaced the system board again. The memory of the server is from edgetechcorp.com serial nos. P39065-11, P39065-11, P38794-11 and P30588-11 this last one says 64x72 pc 133. How would the system behave if it's not at 100 mhz ?
Thanks.