4542 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq Smart Array 5i

Tal Faibish

Compaq Smart Array 5i

does anyone know how do i expand a drive array
on windows 2000 ?
(when i tried i got some wierd massage that said that "data lose could occur" because windows 2000 is not supporting this option)
8 REPLIES 8
Eric D-J
Advisor

Re: Compaq Smart Array 5i

Do you have the smartstart cd's? You can boot into the cd and adjust your array. Also under start/programs/compaq system tools/array configuration utility.
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Also, make sure you have a current backup incase you blow out your logical drive.
Tal Faibish

i already tried to do it
but the program give a warning that say
the the software is currently does not support windows 2000 and DATA LOSS may occur

what should i do ????
Eric D-J
Advisor

We need more information.

1) Do you have windows 2000 running on the computer currently and you are installing an additional drive?

2) If so is the additional drive blank, or does it have information on it?

3) At what point exactly do you get the message, does it refer to a specific drive? Tell us what steps you are doing to lead to this happaning.
Eric D-J
Advisor

We need more information.

1) Do you have windows 2000 running on the computer currently and you are installing an additional drive?

2) If so is the additional drive blank, or does it have information on it?

3) At what point exactly do you get the message, does it refer to a specific drive? Tell us what steps you are doing to lead to this happening.
Tal Faibish

OK,

I have Windows 2000 Server running on Compaq Proliant ML-370
with compaq smart array 5i,
three 36.4GB hard drives configured to RAID-5 on one logical drive.

I want to add one more hard drive to the exsiting array and expand the existing logical drive .
BUT, when I open the samrt array
utilty , the util detect a new hard drive and ask what to do with him , i choose expand existing array and logical drive and then a warning messege apears that say: currently Windows 2000 does not support this and if i continue data lose may occur.

Tal Faibish

another thing ...
yes the hard drive is blank
is a new one (same size as the others - 36.4GB)
Tal Faibish