1754858 Members
5539 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

CPU Cores not detected - HP DL 360 G9

wattsline
Occasional Visitor

CPU Cores not detected - HP DL 360 G9

Running 64bit linux kernel (SuSE variant).   Server has 12 cores (2 CPU).  Only one core is being detected by the OS (/proc/cpuinfo).   Running in Legacy BIOS Boot mode and all virtualization is disabled.  

Looking for things to try.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
derick_souza
Frequent Advisor

Re: CPU Cores not detected - HP DL 360 G9

@wattsline

Are you installed suse with this ISO ?

https://drivers.suse.com/hp/HP-ProLiant-Gen9/

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

What version of SLES are you trying to use. Minimum supposted version on the DL360 Gen9 is SLES 11 SP3 using the kISO update image

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/exceptions/sles_exceptions.aspx#.VdzM3vlVirN

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
wattsline
Occasional Visitor

It is a variant (Sophos UTM 9.3 firewall).  Not sure the kISO would work.   I've opened a case with them as well.   Not expecting a good answer without a lot of back and forth. 

What exactly is missing?   Specifically, which packages are needed to get around the problem?  I might be able to get them to install and load if the kISO doesn't work. 

Thanks again.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@wattsline wrote:

It is a variant (Sophos UTM 9.3 firewall).  Not sure the kISO would work.   I've opened a case with them as well.   Not expecting a good answer without a lot of back and forth. 

What exactly is missing?   Specifically, which packages are needed to get around the problem?  I might be able to get them to install and load if the kISO doesn't work. 

Thanks again.

What is exactly missing? If I recall the kISO includes an updated kernel that supports the CPU and chipset in the Gen9 servers along with some driver updates If you download teh kISO you can look and see what updated packages are included

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!