1755142 Members
2913 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion

CPU Fan Not Recognized\reset NVRAM

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

CPU Fan Not Recognized\reset NVRAM

i replaced a cpu fan on a proliant 800. As server begins POST, i still get message the CPU Fan is Not Detected and server is shutting down, even though fan is installed and functional. a review of this forum indicates a reset of the NVRAM may be required to clear out the error message. i believe this reset of NVRAM can be accomplished in the System Configuration Utility, however, the server shuts down because the fan is not recognized before I am able to enter the utility. i also can not boot from floppy to this utility, again because the server shuts down due to the fan not being recognized.

is there a way to reset NVRAM through a dip switch on the board of some other way via hardware?
1 REPLY 1
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: CPU Fan Not Recognized\reset NVRAM

When you remove the side panel there should be an illustration of the system board. Look for SW. System Configuration switch. Turn number 6 on and boot up. It should give a message of switch 6 is on. Shut down and turn it back to off and bootup. Please go into the F1- partition Utility and let it auto-configure and say NO to the backup.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!