1754302 Members
2710 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

disk management

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

disk management

I installed W2000 Server with a manual install using Smartstart, when I received my new ml330e server about two weeks ago. Since that time my new server has been running great in my production environment. However "disk management" in W2000 indicates that my disk drive is "on-line(at risk)". My install configuration for the disk has two NTCS dynamic partitions for system and applications, and a small FAT partition installed by Smartstart for Compaq systems management. The warning messages show for the NTCS partitions, but I'm guessing that they're caused by the FAT partition!! Should I be concerned about these messages, and how can I remove them. Thanks, Wayne
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: disk management

I am replying to my own message to say that after doing another disk scan and a restart when the server next came available, I was able to clear the "at risk" warning. However I would still like to know if I should maintain (or delete) the small FAT partition created by Smartstart? Also there seems to be a small problem with this support web site. Within one week my sign on was "expired" by Compaq, and I could not renew the password. Consequently I had to register under a new user name in order to be able to post this message. In addition my message has been posted for two weeks with no reply from Compaq. Does Compaq prefer that users call in to support and tie up their phone lines when we have a problem??