ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748205 Members
4671 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Disk Writes/sec and Disk transfer/sec eq zero, for about 6 seconds every 10-15 minutes

adileso
Frequent Visitor

Disk Writes/sec and Disk transfer/sec eq zero, for about 6 seconds every 10-15 minutes

Hi,

The problem I have is on a HP DL 380p Gen8, Microsoft SQL database server with Windows 2012R2. The SmartArray controller P420i has the latest 7.02 firmware, Caching enabled, battery ok, Physical Drive Write Cache  enabled. I tried also to disable write cache, and also 100% Write for controller cache.  

Every 10-15 minutes I have Disk Writes/sec eq zero for about 6 seconds. During this time, the counters Disk transfer/sec is also zero and the Current Disk Queue Length counter increases. This is valid for all 3 Logical Drives from the server (two raid1+0 and one raid1).

Please help, any ideeas?

Thanks,

Adrian

1 REPLY 1
adileso
Frequent Visitor

Re: Disk Writes/sec and Disk transfer/sec eq zero, for about 6 seconds every 10-15 minutes

update...

The issue was fixed after I removed the SPARE disk I have from Array.  It is unclear why it caused this. Definitly it is something wrong with the card of the firmware!