ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755357 Members
4654 Online
108831 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL 385 g1, after installing array controller & latest firmware on all devices, lost Network drivers

Daniel Simard
Frequent Advisor

DL 385 g1, after installing array controller & latest firmware on all devices, lost Network drivers

Hi All,
I have a DL 385 g1 and installed a 6400 array controller. After i hooked up 2x disk shelves full of hard drives. I booted up with latest firmware CD (9.2) and let her rip through all the devices. When i booted back in windows server 2003, i had no network drivers installed

I can't seem to get the network drivers/software to detect the network cards when i attempt to reinstall the drivers.

My collegue mentioned IRQ's filing up, but i don't think that'd be the case, i mean, if it were, the network cards would still be there and show a conflict.

Questions:
Where could i find old firmware to downgrade it ?
would anyone know where i could get the proper drivers for the nic card?

thanks!
Si tu n'as pas ce que tu aimes, aimes ce que tu as.
6 REPLIES 6
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: DL 385 g1, after installing array controller & latest firmware on all devices, lost Network drivers

Andras Ordogh
Valued Contributor

Re: DL 385 g1, after installing array controller & latest firmware on all devices, lost Network drivers

Shashank Dubey

Hi
Seems that i have a similar issue with a Proliant DL385 G1, after install PSP 8.5 i have same failure.

HP NC7170 nic1 & nic2 = Disabled
HP NC7782 nic1 & nic2 = Disabled
HP Network Team 1 = enabled but not operational.

I already download/install the latest driver for both nics with no success.
I already try to enable each nic with no success.
I already download the cp013822 (Firmware-Network 2.1.5.9 (B) ), but i'm not able to execute

Any suggestion?
Andras Ordogh
Valued Contributor

hello,

did you turn of nic teaming before update fw / install driver?

if the latest fw with latest driver not working, you can downgrade the fw / driver,
but i think it have to work...

what does it mean "I already download the cp013822 (Firmware-Network 2.1.5.9 (B) ), but i'm not able to execute"?

andras

Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

9.2 took out a DL 380 G5 and ML 370 G5. HP replaced multiple server boards in each and the fiber HBAs.

Once I the DL 380 came up. The quad NIC would not work on the domain. I have to redo the firmware and drivers to get it to function.
Shashank Dubey

Thanks i'll try it.