4697 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL Hardware Monitoring

Jason Langer_1
Occasional Advisor

DL Hardware Monitoring

Hello All,

I have been asked by our monitoring team to come up with a list of MIB's that I would like to have monitored on my HP hardware via SNMP. I am new to setting this type of monitoring up so I am not sure where I look to get the particual infromation that is being asked of me. Is there a master list of OID's that tell me what can hardware can be monitored?

Thank you in advance,

-Jason
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: DL Hardware Monitoring

Assuming you have implemented the ProLiant Support Pack and the Insight agents (System Management Homepage), you can give them the MIBs from the \TOOLKIT\MIBS directory from the Management CD that ships with every ProLiant. The Insight agents are self-monitoring and will send events based on the items monitored.

However, what is the application being used to monitor? There is integration available for many that goes beyond simple MIB integration.
Jason Langer_1
Occasional Advisor

David,

Thank you for the reply. We are currently using HP Openview for the monitoring. Since we only have a few HP base servers (we had gear from 3 different vendors) we are trying to standardize the monitoring using SNMP for all brands.

-Jason
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

HP OpenView is a family of hundreds of products. What are we talking here, Network Node Manager? OpenView Operations?
Jason Langer_1
Occasional Advisor

My bad. Yes, we are using OpenView Operations.

-Jason
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

OpenView Operations has built-in policies that detect the presence of the Insight agents and deploy those policies. No SNMP MIB integration is required. See more at http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Information Library --> "Integrating HP Openview Operations, HP SIM 5.x and Insight Management Agents"