1754312 Members
3000 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G2 - How to adjust internal fan speed

Andrew_351
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL360 G2 - How to adjust internal fan speed

Well the system fan and the board where replaced and still the same problem. CPU Fan stays on "High" and never slows down.

HP says they duplicated the problem in their lab and it must be the way the system was designed, to always stay on high speed.

Does anyone have another DL360 G2 that they can confirm always stays on high fan speed?

Thanks
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Andrew:

You mention that the bios is at P26, but do not mention a date. "P26" is just the type designation HP uses for the DL360G2 mobo. The latest P26 firmware available is from 5/1/2004. Can you confirm?

Make sure your iLo firmware is up to date as well... should be at ver 1.82.

Here is the support page for easy reference...

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_2543.html

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Andrew_351
Occasional Advisor

The Bios is set at 5/1/2004

The new system board had older firmware on the iLo, so that is now set at 1.82.

Still doesn't make a difference.

I really appreciate the help!

Do the DL320 G1's have variable speed fan on them? Or are they also stuck at high fan speed like this one? This unit is ridiculously loud, I would say its about 5x as loud as the ML350 G3 in the rack.

Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

My DL320 is very quiet. Quieter than a well behaving DL360, let alone a screaming one running at full speed.

It doesn't have the number or high rotational speed performance of the fans in DL360's though.

The only input I can make on this is that we have a DL360G4 which powered up to the full speed situation new until we loaded the Health Management Agents, then it dropped down to a manageable noise level.