ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753464 Members
4708 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360 G9 - unable to update BIOS, iLO communication errors

DannoD

DL360 G9 - unable to update BIOS, iLO communication errors

I have a DL360 Gen9 that is being a royal pain. Current primary ROM is 1.50, backup is 2.50. I cannot boot from 2.50 - when I try, it hangs at 24% and never finishes POST so that ROM is effectively useless. When I boot 1.50, it can't communicate with iLO (iLO FW Communication Issue - Unable to communicate with iLO FW) and I can't access iLO via the network (although it does seem to grab an address via DHCP...). When I try to update the firmware via RBSU or UEFI (fwupdate), I get an immediate red screen of death (x64 exception type 0d - general protection exception) with various firmware versions. If I try from within SPP or CentOS, it fails with "Unable to initialize the iLO Channel interface". I cannot get Windows to install - it either hangs while loading or gives me a red screen of death, depending on version. I've tried clearing NVRAM via system switches. I've tried reseating all RAM, removing all cards (HBA, NIC, etc), power cycles, etc. Any other ideas or things to try? Is there a way to wipe the backup ROM?

2 REPLIES 2
R_Raj
HPE Pro

Hello , 

Based on the description provided I will strongly recommend logging a case with HPE Support team for further diagnostics and recommendation.

Regards

Accept or Kudo
TTS_D

Was this ever resolved.  I am having the same problem.

Cannot load iLO, cannot load Intelligent Provisioning.  Frustrating.