1758670 Members
1973 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 G7 P410i RAID controller constantly failing to initialise

AlexKous
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G7 P410i RAID controller constantly failing to initialise

After we had to reboot a server (with a brand new motherboard btw), the controller refused to initialise. We recieved multiple different errors, including failed drives (different drive each time). Have tried restarting (about 5 times now), have tried clearing NVRAM. The controller simply hangs on this state: Capture.PNG

It stays on this state for aproximatly 10 minutes, but does not freeze, after which time, it says 'Failed to initialise' and continues into the bios.

As stated, we've tried resetting NVRAM, restarting, and a few other things.

The motherboard is nearly brand new.

the drive configuration is:
Slot 0 - SATA SSD 240gb (RAID 0)
Slot 5-8 - SATA SSD 1tb (RAID 10)

Edit: Sometimes the controller does initialise, but it claims there is a failed drive

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

As the NVRAM has already been reset, but the controller is not initialized, then the issue could be with the controller, which is embedded on the system board.

If the issue were to persist, then the controller, as it is embedded, then the system board may need replacement.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

thutchings
HPE Pro

Hello,

One test I would perform would be to power the server off, then disconnect each server from the backplane, and power the server up to see if it initializes correctly. I suspect there actually is a problematic drive here and If it works with no drives then that seems to be more evidence to support it. 

Regards

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo